Call Toll Free Today (877) 847-2529

Free Consults

7615 East 63rd Place, Suite 200 Tulsa, Oklahoma 74133


Family-Based Green Cards in Oklahoma

Lawyers who help bring people together in Tulsa

The Tulsa immigration lawyers at Mawby & Litz help U.S. residents bring their relatives to join them in the United States. The firm directly works with individuals who wish to be joined by their loved ones, as well as businesses that seek to help their employees bring their families to the United States. There are numerous methods of obtaining a family-based Green Card, and the firm’s attorneys help you choose the most practical approach.

Confirming the sponsor’s documentation

 Mawby & Litz first ensures that the U.S. resident is properly qualified to sponsor a relative for a family-based Green Card. Their attorneys confirm that the sponsor:

  • Is a citizen or lawful permanent resident over the age of 21
  • Has documentation of citizenship or resident status
  • Can provide proof of the ability to support the relative at 125 percent above the mandated poverty line

The firm’s attorneys fully examine a sponsor’s credentials because they want your family-based immigration efforts to succeed.

Applying for a family-based Green Card

The Immigration and Nationality Act allows family-based Green Cards to be issued to immediate relatives of U.S. citizens as soon as the application is approved. An immediate relative is a:

  • Parent
  • Spouse
  • Unmarried child under the age of 21

If the sponsor in not a U.S. citizen or the applicant does not fit one of the above categories, a family-based Green Card may be issued according to a preference system:

  • First preference (F1) — Unmarried adult sons and daughters of United States citizens
  • Second preference (F2) — Spouses, children and unmarried sons and daughters of permanent residents
  • Third preference (F3) — Married sons and daughters of United States citizens
  • Fourth preference (F4) — Brothers and sisters of United States citizens

The knowledgeable immigration lawyers at  Mawby & Litz give you a realistic assessment of competition for family-based Green Cards within your preference level.

Obtaining derivative status

Spouses and minor children of preference aliens may be eligible to obtain permanent residency at the same time as the principal applicant. The firm can help you understand the specific requirements for this type of entry, known as derivative status.

Help your family or your employee's family immigrate to the United States

Mawby & Litz is committed to bringing people together in the Tulsa community. For help with family-based Green Cards, contact the firm online or call (877) 847-2529.